Subject: For Action Call for interest: EUHTF is hosting the “GOARN Tier 2.0 Outbreak Response Scenario Training” – 7 to 12 September 2025
From: "EUHTF" <[email-masked]>
To: "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "Benka Bernhard" <[email-masked]>, "Christoph Peneder" <[email-masked]>, "koen.blot" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Julien Sohier" <[email-masked]>, "vigilance.sanitaire" <[email-masked]>,Bart Hoorelbeke (SPF Santé Publique - FOD Volksgezondheid) <[email-masked]>, "Bertrand Draguez" <[email-masked]>, "Zhivka Getsova" <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <iva_christo
Cc: "Ettore Severi" <[email-masked]>, "Emma Lof" <[email-masked]>, "EUHTF" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2025 18:39:06 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear NFPs for Preparedness and Response and NCs,

The EU Health Task Force is hosting the “GOARN Tier 2.0 Outbreak Response 
Scenario Training” and we need your support to identify suitable 
participants.

Call for interest: EUHTF is hosting the “GOARN Tier 2.0 Outbreak Response 
Scenario Training” – 7 to 12 September 2025

The EUHTF is organising in partnership with GOARN the “GOARN Tier 2.0 
Outbreak Response Scenario Training”. The training will be held face-to-face 
in the Stockholm area, from Sunday afternoon 7 September to Friday evening 
12 September 2025 (expect to travel on 13 September). This intensive 5.5 day 
outbreak scenario-driven course will train European Union/European Economic 
Area (EU/EEA) experts on rapid outbreak response with a coordinated 
multidisciplinary focus, while simulating the technical and operational 
challenges of outbreak response. Participants will acquire skills to 
exercise outbreak leadership, act as a member of a rapid response team and 
use technical and operational standards to respond to a public health 
emergency. The training will prepare the participants to be deployed 
nationally and internationally.

Target recipients for this training?

*	24 mid-career public health experts, within three multi-disciplinary 
outbreak response teams, who are willing to be part of the EUHTF Expert 
Pools and to potentially partake in future deployments to field settings for 
emergency/outbreak response.
*	Expert profiles needed within each simulated outbreak response team:

*	Public Health Epidemiologist
*	Public Health Microbiologist/Laboratory expert
*	Emergency Clinical Management expert
*	Infection prevention and control (IPC) expert
*	Animal health/One health expert
*	Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) expert

*	The working language is English and nominees must have the ability to 
engage, read and write in English.

Logistics for the training:

*	The training will take place at a simulated field location within the 
Stockholm region. The training is considered to be a 24/7 training and 
participants need to be fully engaged during the full duration of the 
training.
*	Participants are expected to attend mandatory pre-training online modules 
beforehand, the time required is approximately 4-5 hours.
*	According to the Rules of Reimbursement, ECDC will organize and cover the 
costs of the participants travel and accommodation according to the training 
agenda and a daily subsistence allowance.

What are we expecting from you, our NFPs?

We would like you to nominate two persons with different expert profiles 
matching the above expert profile list. The two experts from your country 
should be willing and available to participate in this Outbreak Response 
Scenario Training and to join the EUHTF External Expert Pool and, therefore, 
potentially be deployed to field settings by the EU Health Task Force in 
response to future outbreaks/emergencies.

What happens after your nomination?

*	The EUHTF will reach out to the nominated experts to gather more 
information about their backgrounds and collect their CVs. The nominees will 
have one week after they have been contacted to provide the requested 
information to ECDC contact points.
*	The EUHTF will evaluate all expressions of interest and will proceed with 
the selection process, taking into account several factors such as country 
of origin, gender, and experts’ professional background in order to ensure 
that the simulated outbreak response teams have the appropriate 
compositions. The final decision to select experts to participate in the 
training will be made by the ECDC Coordination Team of the EUHTF.
*	Given the fixed number of participants, unfortunately not all nominated 
experts will receive an invitation. However, all eligible candidates will be 
placed on a reserve list.
*	An official invitation will be sent to the selected experts in due course. 
If the selected expert declines the offer for training, experts from the 
reserve list or from the EUHTF pool or ECDC staff will be called in.

We would be grateful to receive the names and email addresses of the experts 
you wish to nominate for consideration to be included in the Outbreak 
Response Scenario Training by 9 May 2025, by responding to this email.

Sincerely,

ECDC Coordination Team of the EUHTF

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/about-ecdc/what-we-do/partners-and-networks/support-and-services-eueea-countries/health-task-force>

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <https://bsky.app/profile/ecdc.europa.eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

 <https://www.instagram.com/ecdc.eu>

 <https://www.threads.net/@ecdc.eu>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.

Classified as ECDC NORMAL